News‎ > ‎

The Tommy Hughes Stand

posted 13 Oct 2013, 02:57 by Shaun-Marty Lawless

Is Féidir Linn - Yes We Can. As our President, a player, committee member, volunteer, supporter, friend, relative and businessman, this was Tommy's motto. He was a member of the 1955 Championship winning team. His persistence led to the purchase of our present grounds from Dr. McCabe, the lands being previously owned by the McCann family, Ballyhegan and known locally as Eccles' field. He guided through the development of our playing and training fields and had a massive inout into the building of our clubrooms (The Ceannáras). It is only fitting that our stand acknowledges his contribution not only of his time, effort and guidance but of his financial support as well.
Tommy promoted the ideals of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael and everything he did was aimed at consolidating our Irish identity. He succeeded in gathering the whole community about him to bring the club to where it is today. There is no strength without working together - Ni neart go cur le chéile. Go raibh agat, a Thomáis.


Comments